Wednesday February 10 2016 05:17 PM
A nation of romantics!
- A kiss says ‘I love you’ according to 61%
- First kiss was a ‘dare’ for 42%
- Irish celebrities topping the kissing poll include Amy Huberman, Michael Fassbender, Rosanna Davison and Brian O’Driscoll
- Kiss Chase was a popular pastime, with two thirds playing the playground game
- 1 in 10 say kissing is ‘overrated’!
Our survey revealed we are a nation of romantics with 61 per cent maintaining that a kiss says ‘I love you’ and 7 out of 10 saying that their partner is their favourite person to kiss. Over half (58 per cent) claim that they always kiss their partner goodbye, with a further 28 per cent saying they ‘sometimes’ do.
A kiss represents a ‘fond greeting’ for 29 percent. Four fifths of respondents kiss family in greeting, while 3 in 5 kiss friends hello and goodbye. One fifth admitted that they don’t like to kiss anyone in greeting, regardless of the relationship! When it comes to technique, 74 per cent claim to actually kiss the other person’s cheek, while 26 per cent opt for an ‘air kiss’.
Almost half (48 per cent) of those surveyed experienced their first kiss between the ages of 11 and 13, with a further one-third (36 per cent) aged 14-16. For a lucky two-fifths (42 per cent), their first kiss was romantic, two fifths (42 per cent) said it was a dare and 15 per cent cited unrequited love! Kiss Chase appears to have been a popular pastime for many, with two thirds of respondents remembering the playground game.
When asked which Irish celebrity they would most like to kiss, the majority opted for Michael Fassbender (43 per cent) and Amy Huberman (31 per cent). Rosanna Davison and Laura Whitmore came in joint second in the female category with 13 percent of votes each, while Brian O’Driscoll and Danny O’Donoghue were next in line in the male category with 17 per cent and 10 per cent respectively.
Irish people believe that the French do the most kissing with France receiving over half of the votes (58 per cent), Italy came second with 32 per cent and Ireland and Spain were tied with 5 per cent respectively.
Thanks for taking part in our fun 'kiss' themed survey